Friday, December 7, 2012

Christmas Porch and Charming Snowy Street


I used to spend time sitting on my front porch all year long, feeling the cool air, listening to the birds sing, and watching the weather passing by.  When I was six, my friend Sally and I used to sit on her country porch for hours counting cars as they drove past.  The porch is a lovely memory for me.  It's also a place where you can watch as everything in life happens if you make time to spend  listening and watching it all.




"I have often walked on these streets before
But the pavement always stayed beneath my feet before.
All at once am I several stories high
Knowing I'm on the street where you live..."


                                                  Lyrics by Lerner, Alan Jay/ Lowe/Frederick
                                                                  Warner/Chappell Music, Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment